Thursday, February 4, 2016

Explain Everything and Chess

Mrs. Shackelford's 2nd grade class at Trace has been studying chess for the last few weeks. After learning so many new skills, the students were ready to share with the world. They created an Explain Everything video demonstrating how to play chess complete with the proper names of the pieces. (Unfortunately this tech coach called the knight a horsey and it got a few groans. Thanks to their video, I now know better!)

I love this project for so many reasons: 

  • The students are taking ownership of their own learning and sharing for a real audience - you!!!
  • The students were their worst critics. After watching the movie, many wanted to rerecord. I can't think of a better way of teaching drafting scripts, writing scripts, and writing again...and again...and again to get ideas across to the audience. 
I hope you enjoy this video as much as I did! Way to go, Mrs. Shackelford's Class!








No comments:

Post a Comment